In this session, we will identify and discuss the "Top 10" court decisions in the past 12 months that affect licensing. We will discuss each case and its impact on how we draft and negotiate patent license agreements. You will learn about cases that addressed:
- the scope of arbitration clauses and who decides that scope;
- whether licensees can be required to pay royalties during the time they are challenging patent validity in the courts;
- the interpretation of "Entire Agreement," "Termination," and "Forum Selection" clauses;
- whether exlusive licensees have standing to enforce the license patents; and
- other issues you should consider when drafting and negotiating patent license agreements.